Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sizzling Summer Tip # 9

Got Water?

How many of you have a water....or a caffinated pop...during the school day sitting on your desk or in your hand when you are thirsty? 

This year I will encourage my students to bring in a bottled water to help stay hydrated.  Instead of leaving the classroom to get a drink of water during classroom time, I will have my students get a drink from his/her special water bottle.

The "coolest" thing about the water bottles is that I will have fun and educational labels on the bottle for the students to read and recite.  Some of the concepts I will have on the water bottles are letter recognition, number recognition, rhyming words, shapes, patterns, addition, subtraction, sight words, sight word phrases, etc.  

Click  {right here} for the water bottle word template!  I tried to put the document into word so you could adjust to fit the needs in your classroom.  I will also write the students name on the bottle with a sharpie!

Leave a comment if you think this is "COOL" or you have another refreshing idea to share!

Summer Rocks,
Amber

7 comments:

  1. I've asked my kiddos to bring water only for the past few years (instead of juice or kool aid at snack) and I let them keep it at their seat all day. I have LOVED it!! No hyperness from sugar and they stay hydrated. Thanks for the labels!
    Vickie
    Mrs. Plant's Press

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea!!! I have heard of kids bringing in the stainless steel reusable water bottles....if you want to go more "green". I love the labels!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough last year to have a parent who always sent in those little water bottles when it was their snack day so it kept us in water all year long. I love the labels. Thanks for sharing.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always encouraged water in the classroom. Teaching Kinders at tables meant a shoe rack (cloth type)needed to be used to store the bottles. If I have labels, I wonder if they can stay at their seats now....Thanks for the product
    1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your supportive comments on my blog. It really meant a lot to me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having labels that tie in with what they are learning is just genius! :) I may have to try that this year.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace