Friday, April 13, 2012

Save our Earth...It is the only planet with chocolate!

My reading corner is now a...Recycling Center.  
In the recycling center the students will be able to:
  • Read book about taking care of our Earth
  • Sort plastics, paper, cans, and glass
  • Make an Earth art project (I saw the idea on-line but cannot remember where...if it looks like something you posted, please comment!)  
  • Play I spy for different types of recyclables and sight words that are hanging on the newspaper wall
Mrs. Ramseier (one of the K teachers I work with...and can I say she ROCKS) had a student teacher,  Sabrina Schubert, who came up with this Recycling Center and I LOVE IT!  Thank You!



Sorting Recycling Pictures ~ I got these pictures from Color "R" World last year at the Early Childhood Conference at UW~Stout.  Wendy Sessler and Shell Sturgis are excited to re-open Color "R" World for business once again since Tami retired.




 
 Litter Bug Poem {click Here} 

Click {here} to go the the "Color~R~World website!

Also...check out our Earth Day post for the famous Earth (dirt & glue) necklaces! 
Thank you, Amber    

9 comments:

  1. So creative! I love the sorting of the different items!

    Michelle

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea of an I Spy recycle center. I have been wanting ideas on how to make the walls in my classroom more interactive. Thanks!

    Sheila

    Sprinkle Teaching Magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to hid sight words in the newspaper! And your little earth people are ah-dor-able!!!! Ah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!!! SO CREATIVE!!!! I love this!!!

    -Rachelle
    What The Teacher Wants

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! My mom is a kindergarten teacher and will totally love these ideas!!! Your blog rocks!!
    Thank you for sharing such great ideas(:
    love,
    kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas. I love how you put sight words words on the board to spot along with recycle items! Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Love it!

    Sarah
    www.mrslefferdinksroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for Amber for leaving us a comment on our new blog! We made something similar but with hand prints and hearts.

    Check us out: www.kindergartengoonies.blogspot.com

    Also we will be posting our 3-D Earth Day BB this week on our blog; we'd love it if you'd stop back to visit us!

    The Kindergarten Goonies

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace