Monday, January 9, 2012

The Mitten

I have always enjoyed acting out the story, The Mitten.  The students really get into the story by acting like the animal and squeezing into the mitten.  Yes....all my students that have a headband can fit in the mitten at once!  The students need to take off their shoes before they can crawl in and listen to the story quietly.  They sure like to giggle in there...but isn't that what makes learning fun!  I made the mitten out of 2 white sheets and sewed them together.  I used headbands make each animal.  See pictures below!  








You can go to Jan Brett's website to find a sequence printable of this story www.janbrett.com OR....
you can go to KPM Doodles and grab her digital clip art characters for the story. 
I JUST THINK THEY ARE SO CUTE!   
http://kpmdoodles.blogspot.com/
 Amber

4 comments:

  1. What a fab idea! I bet your students just love and your wonderful and creative ideas :) Can't wait to come back and read more! Have a happy Monday!

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just awarded your blog the Versatile Blogger award! Head over to my blog to read all about it!

    Joni
    http://kinderkidsfun.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness you are making me jealous of your mad sewing skills! Uhg...I guess I should have taken home ec- after all. (; Cute idea! I bet the kiddos love this so much! Thanks for sharing...maybe I can bribe a co-worker to sew for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your site. I hope you don't mind, but I pinned this site on my pinterst board and added you to my blog role! Thanks for the GREAT share!

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace