Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hot Chocolate is the perfect drink....after you get to play in some SNOW!!!

Happy New Year to me...it SNOWED here last night.  Hopefully...it keeps coming so I can play outside with my son at home.  I am pretty sure I am not getting my 17 year old outside....since all I hear is I am moving to California after college.  Fran....here I come to visit!!!! 

I wanted to share something "SWEET" for the new year.  We are working on number words and I made this big book to hang in our classroom.  The kiddos love to read it while they are in the read the room center. 





We do not go back to school until Tuesday.  I am going to make sure that all my documents are in PDF format...especially the ones that I use DJ inkers clip art.  We live and learn...right!  I do a lot of cutting and pasting still...I know I am crazy...and I hate the way my scanner at school puts my documents into PDF.  I guess it is better than nothing.  By the way....my bestie bought me about 8 different clip art packs from KMP DOODLES.  I think I found a new love!!!

Amber

11 comments:

  1. This is really, really cute. Question: Are those real marshmallows glued to the pages? If so did you use a glue gun to make them stick and do they get icky over time? I LOVE how the pages look!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...they are real marshmallows. I did use a glue gun. The marshmallows get hard, but not sticky...unless you are somewhere very warm this time of the year! This is my first year hanging this book up....we will see how long before one of the marshmallows get knocked off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of trying this with my kiddos and having some hot chocolate with marshmallows after doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of trying this with my kiddos and having some hot chocolate with marshmallows after doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! I think I'll be making one. I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Check it out here.
    http://mskerriandherkrazykindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable hot cocoa idea! I'm glad I found your blog!
    I'd like to award you with the Versatile Blogger Award!
    Just check out my blog for details!

    Lisa
    K is for Kindergarten
    www.iteachkinderkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chose your new blog for the Versatile Blogger award. Check it out here:www.skippersjungle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh... so cute! I so loveee this! gow guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace