Friday, May 20, 2016

Writing About Friends

How do you get all your students to write during their free time!?!
Give them the choice to WRITE ABOUT THEIR FRIENDS!
While I sent home the parent letter pictured above, I gave my students the option to write about me!  
I am so PROUD of all their writing.  I wish I could post them all!  
Everyday my students can't wait to SHARE what FRIEND he/she wrote about. 
They even LOVE to write about themselves! 
"KID WRITING" just makes my heart SMILE! 
I created some booklets for my students to write about their friends.  It is AMAZING how much more they learned about FRIENDS in the classroom! 
This unit works very well at the end-of-the-school year in kindergarten, but can also be used at any time your students need another ENGAGING writing activity. 
If you are interested in adding some FUN into your writing day, you can check out this resource by
CLICKING RIGHT HERE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace