Sunday, May 6, 2012

"My Work RoCkS!" BOX ~ Quality Work Incentive

Since this is my first year in Kindergarten, after 25 years in 5th grade, I was amazed to see that at times my kiddos would rush to get their work done.  I thought that was just a "fifth-grade" thing.  Kindergarteners actually know how to slack off now and then - already?  I was wracking my brain for a way to make my kindergarteners produce quality work each and every day ~ so it became a "habit" for them to be very proud of creating nice and neat work daily.

That's when I decided to use my new Twistable Crayola Crayons and Colored Pencils!  I created two NEW pencil boxes that contain a mechanical pencil, glue stick, eraser, scissors, and twistable crayons and colored pencils.  How do the kiddos get to USE these special boxes?  They have to earn it through producing NICE and NEAT work!  The "My Work Rocks!" BOX will be theirs to use for one day, along with a little award to take home and share with their parents.  I am guessing that their friends at the table will be "jealous" enough to try and earn the box for themselves.

I will let you know if it works!  I am hoping this new incentive will have my kiddos producing beautiful work - ready for their next step - FIRST GRADE!  What do you think? 

LuAnn




18 comments:

  1. You are truly amazing, LuAnn! I hope you have learned as much from me this year as I have learned from you. LOVE~LOVE~LOVE the name of your box...and you ROCK! Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Anything to keep them motivated :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might try it to find out if it works for me. What a fun idea!!! thanx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying this out ASAP!:) Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, Amber! I couldn't have made the switch from 5th to 5K without your expertise, ideas, and support.

    My kids LOVED the "My Work Rocks!" Box today. They were all chatting about it with excitement. I did tell them that this is the one time that they are not supposed to "share" their special box.

    My favorite comment was from a little sweetheart that told me I should have made more boxes, so ALL of the neat kids could have one for a day. My reply was...."Do you think I'm rich?" She smiled. I am anxious to see how it goes tomorrow... LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I am def. going to have to try it this year. Thanks for much for the idea.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this ideas. I am going to give it a try as well.
    Sue

    The Very Busy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!!!! Will try this!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! I let me kids earn Smencils to use for the day. It would be fun to make some boxes up and add a smencil too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the kiddos will love trying to earn this treat! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun, yet simple idea to implement! Thanks so much for sharing! Do you have a FB fan page? I feel like I miss so much if I'm not following people via FB!
    Krissy
    Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Too cute! I can't wait to use it with my kinders!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you from Chalk Talk...am now a follower because this idea totally ROCKS:) I am psyched to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks neat-o! I am going to try it!!!
    Thanks,
    Keri :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is genius! I am totally going to do this with my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome idea!!!! What a great reward! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is SUCH a great idea and I can't wait to use it. I do have a question though- what happens to the children who have fine motor issues, perhaps are seeing at OT- no matter how hard they try their writing will never be as neat as some of the other children. How would you tackle this?

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace